Westbrook Community Center
How to Register
For the best browsing experience, please upgrade to
IE 9 or greater
"The Hit Pit" - Team Training Facility & Private Lessons
This program is currently unavailable. Click
to view all of our current programs.
Owned and managed by the City of Westbrook and its Community Services Department.
Located in the Cornelia Warren Recreational Wing, just beyond the Gym, the Westbrook Community Center's multi-use facility provides baseball and softball teams of Westbrook and surrounding communities the opportunity to hit, pitch, and train at an extremely affordable price.
"The Hit Pit"
also offers private hitting lessons with
SWING LIKE A PRO WITH KEN JOYCE
. Joyce is a long-time professional hitting instructor who has worked in the Miami Marlins, Toronto Blue Jays, and San Francisco Giants organization, as well as with hitters like Bryce Harper, Buster Posey, and Mike Trout.
The facility features two hitting tunnels, two L-screens, two soft-toss nets, and Tanner Tees. It's also adjacent to a full-size gymnasium, indoor pool, and group fitness studio (all of which can be rented for an additional fee).
RULES & REGULATIONS:
- Persons under the age of 13 must be accompanied by an adult at all times
- Adults are responsible for the actions of youth in the batting cages
- Misconduct will result in immediate termination of privileges
- Horse-play/fooling around will not be tolerated
- Hitters, and pitchers under the age of 13, must wear a batting helmet at all times
- Pitchers must stand behind the safety net (L-Screen) when pitching
- Only one hitter at a time in a batting cage
- Hitters may not swing a bat until they're alone inside a tunnel, and pitcher is ready
- No colored beverages – water only
- No food, gum, seeds, or tobacco products
- No cleats – sneakers only (change of shoes preferred)
- Once time is up, please stop, put all equipment back, and vacate in a timely manner
- This is a family atmosphere; no profanity or vulgar language/gestures will be permitted
- During team sessions, parents must remain in hallway
2016-17 Team Fees:
Team Rental Rates
(No Individual Rentals)
- $35/hour for both hitting tunnels
Coaches are responsible for bringing their own equipment - balls, bats, & helmets - to team training.
There are no machines for use.
Pitching must be a live arm.
Slots fill up quickly with Westbrook Little League Baseball & Softball, as well as Westbrook middle school and high programs, so book now! To inquire about available slots for team rentals, please e-mail Greg Post at
2016-17 Private Lessons:
Private Hitting Lessons with
SWING LIKE A PRO WITH KEN JOYCE
- E-mail Ken Joyce at
for lesson availability and pricing.
- Lessons are
thru the Westbrook community Center.
30- and 60-minute slots are generally available weekdays, between 3-5pm, and 9am-5pm on weekends.
us on Facebook:
2016-17 Planning Committee Members: Greg Coppeta, Mike Dobkowski, Ken Joyce, Chris Klement, Jason Lariviere, Randy MacWhinnie, Dan McCarthy, John McCarthy, Anais Michaud, Mike Mullett, Greg Post, Greg Souza
* Adjustments and discounts will be applied during checkout if applicable. *
Return to Programs
View All Activities